Welcome New Students!
Welcome to Dresden Elementary! We are excited to have your student join our school community.
Children who will be five years old on or before December 1 and live within the Utica Community Schools are eligible to attend kindergarten. All children must be registered for school by their sixth birthday.
You may enroll your child in the school he or she will attend any time during the regular school year. Summer registration is available at our schools two weeks before the start of the school year. To register, please contact our school at 586-797-4500.
When you register, please bring the following documents:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Michigan driver’s license, Michigan ID or appropriate employment picture ID
- Lease agreement, closing papers or property tax bill
- Most recent report card to assist with grade and class assignment (school officials will request transcripts from your child’s previous school) and...
- Immunization records detailing the day, month and year your child was vaccinated against measles, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, polio, hepatitis B and other serious illnesses. The Macomb County Health Department bans students from school who do not comply with the state’s immunization law or file a waiver. (Call 586.469.5235 for more information)