The History Behind the Media Center
Lillian Demas' administrative path has been marked by honors and triumphs. She has served as an associate principal at both Jeannette Junior High School and Ford. The Ford staff was extremely fortunate in 1997 when Lillian was appointed as our principal. She has made a tremendous impact on life at the high school. She immersed herself in the total school/community environment, and has worked industriously to support the growth of staff, students, and programs in an environment that was supportive, safe, and caring. For all of these reasons, Ford has chosen to name our new media center after this remarkable woman. Thank you Lillian Demas for being an inspiration to all of us!
Electronic Library Resources
- Encyclopedia of World Biography
- Encyclopedia of Clothing and Fashion
- Science and Its Time
- Dictionary of American History
- Bowling, Beatniks, and Bell-Bottoms (pop culture)
- Active History
- District Wide Media Center Resource
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I checkout materials?
- Check out all materials at the circulation desk.
- General collection loan: 3 weeks, renewal possible.
- Reference collection loan: 1 night check out after 6th hour, material must be returned the following day.
- Renewal possible after 6th hour.
- AV Materials (CD's, etc) require individual arrangements
What do you do with return and overdue materials?
- All materials must be returned by the date and time specified.
- Materials may be returned via the book chute near the circulation desk.
- Students are responsible for the prompt return of all materials they have checked out.
What are the patron responsibilities?
- Read, study, do homework QUIETLY.
- Sit four or less to a table.
- FOOD & DRINKS are not allowed.
- Personal grooming should be done elsewhere.
- Trash goes into wastebaskets.
- Leave books on tables - we will re-shelf them.
- Follow the Acceptable Use of Technology Guidelines in the student planner. This means no personal e-mail or chat room use.
- Print only school related documents.
Can you schedule video conferences?
- The school has a budget to allow scheduling video conferences.
- First come, first serve basis.
What are the equipments used at the Media Center?
- LCD projection - project video & computer
- Digital camera & digital camcorders
- Video cameras
- VCR, DVD & Laserdisc players
- Overhead projection
- Laptop computers
- CD/ cassette players
- iMovie computers