Welcome to the Utica Learning Interchange
Sixth graders encouraged to "have fun"
in their careers
Kaherl, who was speaking at the annual Utica Community Schools Career Focus Luncheon, told district sixth graders about the many jobs she had before she earned the international attention for starting an organization that provides seed money for community-based projects in Detroit.
“What I love most about my jobs is that I’ve always had fun,” she said. “It is ok if you are still unclear about your career. It’s all just about the journey. You need to do it for yourself.”
Five UCS teams qualify for Global Finals
of Destination Imagination
After achieving top honors for creativity, teamwork and innovation in regional and state academic tournaments, five Utica Community Schools teams have earned the right to compete in Destination Imagination's Global Finals, the world’s largest celebration of student creativity, to be held May 25-28 in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Students from Bemis Junior High School, Malow Junior High School and Stevenson High School will compete with other national teams in one of seven, open-ended challenges that require students to apply science, technology, engineering and math skills.
In addition to their talents in improvisation, theater arts, writing, project management, communication, innovation, teamwork, community service and social entrepreneurship.
- UCS secondary students earn more than 170 statewide writing and design honors
- Quiz bowl team takes state title
- Stevenson students lead the leaders at statewide conference
- Stephanie Eagen named MSBO School Business Official of the Year
- UCS schools honored for going green
- History comes to life at Oakbook
- World of motion keeps education on the move
- UCS robotics team ready to take on the world
- Graebner Elementary cares about its community
- All UCS 2016 AVID graduatesآearn college scholarships
- Stevenson High School presents Mary Poppins April 29 - May 1
- Three UCS high schools top listآof state's most academically challenging
Workshops Available Through the MISD
A variety of technology and curriculum workshops are available at the MISD. Visit the MISD website to see what's being offered.