Welcome to the Utica Learning Interchange
Utica Community Schools receives A+ for financial stewardship, transparency
Utica Community Schools (UCS) received high marks from its auditing firm for overall fiscal responsibility and transparency in its recently-released fiscal audit.
Our recent audit of Utica Community Schools confirmed the district’s commitment to the highest levels of transparency,” said Donna Hanson, CPA and partner in the auditing firm of Plante Moran. “UCS should be commended for their proven track record of responsible management of taxpayer funds and their dedication to educational excellence.”
The audit was presented to the Board of Education at its October 27 meeting. Auditors noted that the audit presented was “unmodified” – representing the report’s adherence to accepted accounting principles and focus on accuracy and detail.
"Utica Community Schools is proud of our record of fiscal responsibility—maintaining high-quality education for our students while ensuring every dollar of taxpayer funds is spent effectively and responsibly,” said Board of Education president Dr. Carol Klenow. “This latest audit demonstrates the district’s leadership in maintaining the best schools in the nation while balancing our budget during challenging economic times.” MORE.
Happy Halloween from the Utica Center for Science and Industry
- UCS student gets a jump on dream career, courtesy of Ivy Foundation
- Ike equestrian team takes regional title
- Davis teacher honored for educational excellence
- Jeannette students are AVID about college experience
- Duncan running club promotes healthy lifestyle
- Burr staff serves up support for families at Ronald McDonald house
- National author shares love of tradition, writing with Morgan students
- UCSI students celebrate a day at the opera, TED style
- It's Show Time for Malow, Ike choirs
- November, 2014 Focus now available
- Unified soccer team brings home the gold
- Manufacturing day builds interest in careers
- Music fills the evening at Band-A-Rama 14
- UCS Means Success - Adam Justin, UCS Graduate and current Sergeant First Class
Workshops Available Through the MISD
A variety of technology and curriculum workshops are available at the MISD. Visit the MISD website to see what's being offered.