Welcome to the Utica Learning Interchange
Two UCS schools named among most academically challenging in Michigan for second straight year; UAIS tops state list
For the second straight year, two Utica Community Schools high schools have been honored as being among the most challenging in the nation, including one recognized as the top school in the State of Michigan.
Eisenhower High School and the Utica Academy for International Studies have been named two of America’s Most Academically Challenging High Schools.
Eisenhower High School was named the 30th most challenging high school in Michigan and the 1,716th in the nation.
UAIS was ranked the state’s most challenging high school, 39th in the nation and second in the Midwest.
The Washington Post Challenge Index identifies programs and schools based on student participation in rigorous academic programs, based on Advanced Placement programs through the College Board and courses authorized by the International Baccalaureate Organization.
“Utica Community Schools remains committed to increasing the academic rigor in all of our schools," said Superintendent Dr. Christine Johns. “Our students have access to college-level courses and opportunities through our high school curriculum. The work of our staff to promote this access means our students graduate with the skills to compete for the best post-secondary schools and the jobs of the future.” MORE.
- UCS junior earns perfect ACT score
- Utica Community Schools launches ‘UCS means SUCCESS’ campaign
- Oakbrook students find their "golden ticket" in Willy Wonka Junior
- Career Expo gives students a head start
- Harvey superstars celebrate reading
- Credit union banks on UCS students
- Bemis students have a positive reaction to county chemistry competition
- UCS ThunderChickens Robotics Team wins prestigious Chairman’s Award
- UHS senior named among state's best student journalists
- Eisenhower senior is Michigan Student Journalist of the Year
- UCS athlete is a Class A scholar
- UCS K-12 Fine Arts Festival set for this week
- Ford II Honor Society bestows its own kind of honor on long-time chapter advisor
- UCS named among America's Best Communities for Music Education
- Henry Ford II teens encourage Messmore students to Live Above the Influence
Workshops Available Through the MISD
A variety of technology and curriculum workshops are available at the MISD. Visit the MISD website to see what's being offered.