Welcome to the Utica Learning Interchange
Area senior citizens get ready to reach across generations
Math consultant Cassandra Joss trains volunteers on how UCS students are using iPads in their classrooms.
More than 40 area senior citizens are now ready to share their time and talents with Utica Community Schools students.
The seniors recently spent a morning with UCS staff learning how a few hours each week will mean a lifetime of difference for students.The volunteers will work with students in four elementary schools as part of the district new "Reaching Higher Across Generations" initiative.
"I was fortunate to retire early and was looking to do something meaningful," said senior Terese Mueller-Bocian, who recently moved to the area from Chicago. "Education is so important and kids are so much fun."
- University research fires up UAIS senior
- Black and Orange game kicks off year of caring for UHS students
- UCS strikes up the band October 5
- Community creates new opportunities for Graebner students
- Plumbrook kindergarten students get an early lesson on understanding
- Ten UCS seniors named among top high school students in nation
- Ford II students are a relief
- UHS senior earns national military honor
- Ten UCS students earn opportunity to work with award-winning cinematographer
- Students get the red carpet treatment on opening day
- Ike grad takes to the national stage
- UCS Honors Choir strikes a chord for the new year
- Go mobile with the UCS App
- UCS teachers impact classrooms across the country
- Velocity Jr. students have a ball exploring the science of sport
- Student art work inspires student potential
- Students dive into robotics
- Students match wits with computerized heroes of the ancient worlds
- Golfers pull their weight for UHS athletes
- Stevenson players hit it out of the park
- Sun drives the fun as elementary students build and race solar-powered cars
- UCS grad earns top state architect honor
- Former UCS student athlete earns national honors on the course and in the classroom
Workshops Available Through the MISD
A variety of technology and curriculum workshops are available at the MISD. Visit the MISD website to see what's being offered.