Welcome to the Utica Learning Interchange
Duncan running club promotes healthy lifestyle
The newly-created Duncan Running Club is getting in early exercise twice a week to ensure students start their day with energy.
"I felt this was a way they could learn about developing a healthy lifestyle and see how much fun it is to run," said Physical Education teacher, Shelly Baginski.
The 164-member club - which also includes parents and staff - alternates between walking and running for a half hour every Tuesday and Thursday. As time goes on and their endurance grows, the students will increase their running time. The group is even preparing for its first competition - the UEA Halloween Hustle.
"I like running," said fifth grader Micah Kramer. "You can get exercise and it's fun." MORE.
- Burr staff serves up support for families at Ronald McDonald house
- National author shares love of tradition, writing with Morgan students
- UCSI students celebrate a day at the opera, TED style
- It's Show Time for Malow, Ike choirs
- November, 2014 Focus now available
- Unified soccer team brings home the gold
- Manufacturing day builds interest in careers
- Music fills the evening at Band-A-Rama 14
- UCS Means Success - Adam Justin, UCS Graduate and current Sergeant First Class
- Former Eisenhower soccer star scores historic honor
- UCS Means Success - Jason Turner, UCS graduate and small business owner
- Ebeling shows off its super powers
- University research fires up UAIS senior
- Black and Orange game kicks off year of caring for UHS students
- UCS strikes up the band October 5
- Community creates new opportunities for Graebner students
- Plumbrook kindergarten students get an early lesson on understanding
- Ten UCS seniors named among top high school students in nation
- Ford II students are a relief
- UHS senior earns national military honor
- Ten UCS students earn opportunity to work with award-winning cinematographer
- Students get the red carpet treatment on opening day
Workshops Available Through the MISD
A variety of technology and curriculum workshops are available at the MISD. Visit the MISD website to see what's being offered.