Welcome to the Utica Learning Interchange
Utica Community Schools teams up with
United Shore Professional Baseball League
to celebrate Back to School at Jimmy John’s Field
Utica Community Schools and the United Shore Professional Baseball League (USPBL) will team up to celebrate Back to School for a special night of baseball on August 26th.
The UCS Back to School night will allow district residents and supporters to receive a special food and ticket package and watch the hometown Utica Unicorns take on the Eastside Diamond Hoppers at a 7:05 p.m. matchup at the new field, on Auburn Road in downtown Utica.
“We look forward to bringing together the excitement of both Back to School and great baseball for a night of celebration,” superintendent Dr. Christine Johns said. “Our partnership with USPBL allows this unique opportunity for our families and residents to come together to mark the beginning of another great school year.”
The community celebration reflects the continuing partnership between the district and the recently-established league, which began in March 2016 with the league’s team announcement and logo unveiling held at Eppler Junior High School.
- West Utica Elementary Students Receive School Supplies from Shelby Optimist Club
- UCS summer bond issue projects focus on infrastructure, safe and secure schools and student learning
- Scholarship helps ensure UCS student pursues leadership training
- UCS grad leads research project that uses supercomputers to study blood flow
- UCS students get hands-on look at medical careers
- Stevenson students capture international honors at HOSA
- UCS students take DIA field trip in their own backyard
- UCS medical careers students earn international honors at health care leadership conference
- Service crosses boundaries for UCS students
- UCS students take top national award for 3-D animation
- UCS team earns top international spot in creative problem solving competition
- UCS students start summer on a positive note
- Buddy Bench builds friendships at Flickinger
- The 2016 Graduation edition - Focus for the Community
- UCS students honored for their optimism
- UCS students learn how innovation drives the region
- Eppler students pay homage to their hometown
- Six UCS students earn college-based National Merit scholarships
- Learning grows at West Utica Elementary
- UHS students go the distance for others
- Eisenhower jazz band to play at premier Detroit festival
Workshops Available Through the MISD
A variety of technology and curriculum workshops are available at the MISD. Visit the MISD website to see what's being offered.