Welcome to the Utica Learning Interchange
Jeannette students are AVID about college experience
Jeannette’s 8th grade AVID class had the opportunity to visit the campus of Oakland University in Rochester recently.
A critical part of the AVID curriculum is preparing for college success through writing, reading, speaking, collaboration, and organizational activities. They also engage in college research projects to discover which university will best fit their career goals and personalities.
The morning began at the Admissions Welcome Center where students learned about the university’s history, GPA and ACT scores needed for admissions, and scholarships offered.
Student Natasha Saad found this information helpful. “Now I know the GPA and ACT scores to work towards."
- Duncan running club promotes healthy lifestyle
- Burr staff serves up support for families at Ronald McDonald house
- National author shares love of tradition, writing with Morgan students
- UCSI students celebrate a day at the opera, TED style
- It's Show Time for Malow, Ike choirs
- November, 2014 Focus now available
- Unified soccer team brings home the gold
- Manufacturing day builds interest in careers
- Music fills the evening at Band-A-Rama 14
- UCS Means Success - Adam Justin, UCS Graduate and current Sergeant First Class
- Former Eisenhower soccer star scores historic honor
- UCS Means Success - Jason Turner, UCS graduate and small business owner
- Ebeling shows off its super powers
- University research fires up UAIS senior
- Black and Orange game kicks off year of caring for UHS students
- UCS strikes up the band October 5
- Community creates new opportunities for Graebner students
- Plumbrook kindergarten students get an early lesson on understanding
- Ten UCS seniors named among top high school students in nation
- Ford II students are a relief
- UHS senior earns national military honor
- Ten UCS students earn opportunity to work with award-winning cinematographer
- Students get the red carpet treatment on opening day
Workshops Available Through the MISD
A variety of technology and curriculum workshops are available at the MISD. Visit the MISD website to see what's being offered.