Welcome to the Utica Learning Interchange
Area seniors help UCS students reach even higher
Residents who helped build the strong foundation of Utica Community Schools are helping to make sure students can reach even higher.
More than 20 area senior citizens recently received training to be part of the district's "Reaching Higher Across Generations" - a tutoring program that pairs them with elementary students to support classroom instruction.
The recently-trained seniors are joining more than 60 other active volunteers for weekly tutoring in math, writing and reading.
"These kids are our future," said volunteer Dennis Purgatori. "We are going to need them to carry on." MORE.
- Oakbrook students picture perfect fall season
- UHS presents Dracula November 5 to 7
- UCS bands get in tune to raise funds for scholarships
- Manufacturing Day builds interest in careers
- Red Wings Foundation scores big at Flickinger
- Community service project gets personal for UCS seniors
- UCS students get unique opportunity to experience history in words and music
- New online resource involves UCS parents in promoting post-secondary success
- UCS strikes up the bands on October 4
- Tomorrow's leaders take shape today at Dresden Elementary
- Roberts Elementary grant is music to the ears
- Ford II student lives her dream on world stage
- UCS, College Board team up to support UCS juniors in transition to SAT
- Stevenson celebrates 228 years of the U.S. Constitution
- UCS sets Class of 2016 graduation dates
- Henry Ford II HOSA club earns state leadership honors
Workshops Available Through the MISD
A variety of technology and curriculum workshops are available at the MISD. Visit the MISD website to see what's being offered.