Welcome to the Utica Learning Interchange
Math Olympiad adds up to fun for UCS students
It all adds up to a great afternoon with friends for UCS elementary students who participated in the annual
UCS Math Competition.Nearly 260 fourth through sixth graders gathered earlier in the school year to take part in the afterschool event at Utica High School.
The top award winners were honored June 22 by the UCS Board of Education.The local competition mirrors the national Math Olympiad tournament, requiring students to complete higher-level math problems in individual and team competitions.More than 50 teams took part in three different competitions, including a jeapordy-like tournament that rounded out the night.
For organizers, the goal of the event was to show students that challenging themselves with math problems can equal a fun time. MORE.
- Optimistic UCS student earns entry into international competition
- Area senior citizens invited to take part in UCS tutoring program
- UCS students earn healthy dose of top honors at state tournament
- UCS Board of Education approves $279 million balanced budget
- State video honor earns Henry Ford II graduate full ride scholarship to film institute
- UCS senior accepted into Research Science Institute at MIT
- Focus for the Community - graduate edition
- Davis Junior High School gets grant for outdoor makeover
- Color Run brightens futures for families
- Academic focus earns Stevenson grad four top scholarships
- Shelby track team runs up three perfect seasons
- Students work to break down barriers and create new friendships
Workshops Available Through the MISD
A variety of technology and curriculum workshops are available at the MISD. Visit the MISD website to see what's being offered.