Welcome to the Utica Learning Interchange
Reading rules at Camp Literacy
More than 200 area students are all on the same page when it comes to the importance of reading and writing over their summer break.
The students are participating district's Camp Literacy - a state-recognized program that provides students five weeks and more than 60 hours of instruction in all things language arts.
Students in the camp come with a wide variety of reading backgrounds but they all share a common goal - have fun and stay sharp during the summer. The K-6 students work with a certified teacher at their grade level.
Students are involved in activities that develop their skills in reading, writing, spelling and word recognition. They carry a kit that allows them to take books home every night to share with their parents. MORE.
- Recent UCS grad among 32 nationally taking part in Japanese study program
- Beck campers cook up summer fun
- Burr students enjoy summer learning by the book
- Stevenson grad is Michigan's "Mr. Baseball"
- UCS grad among select group earning additional merit scholarships
- It's full STEAM ahead at Velocity Jr. camp
- UCS financial reporting process earns national recognition for second straight year
- Utica Community Schools teacher chosen as finalist for presidential teaching award
- Students roll into summer fun
- Prestigious national scholarship awarded to UCS graduate
- UCSI teams make a splash at underwater robotics tournaments
- UCS team places among top ten at HOSA national tournament
- Summer fun won't include slides for Roberts Elementary students
- Velocity Jr. highlighted in White House report
- UCS senior among select group earning full tuition to CMU honors program
- Schuchard student's letter leads to lunch for her fourth-grade class
- Community service, love of nature grows at Burr Elementary
- Collins recognized for fourth straight year for their work to honor area veterans
- UCS students are hoping the community joins the race to "Breathe Happy"
- UCS First Lego League team earns award at International Tournament
- Hair today, gift tomorrow at Dresden
- UCS senior earns additional merit scholarship
- UCS teacher honored for making a difference
- UCS student artist helps Macomb County think green
- It's a positive sign at Burr Elementary
- Car club helps drive reading at Duncan Elementary
- Stevenson earns top honors at Social Studies Olympiad
- Wiley Elementary sixth-graders end their elementary careers on a positive note
- Monfort students wrap up charity event
- UHS pledges to give back
- Ike 2014: "Now Is Our Time"
- Stevenson celebrates heroes
- Once a Falcon, Always a Falcon
Workshops Available Through the MISD
A variety of technology and curriculum workshops are available at the MISD. Visit the MISD website to see what's being offered.