Welcome to the Utica Learning Interchange
Quiz bowl team takes state title
Utica Academy for International Studies students have claimed the state title of the annual High School Quiz Bowl Championship.
More than 700 high school students from across the state gathered at Michigan State University recently to participate in the competition, which features a Jeopardy-style tournament covering all areas of study.
Teams from local area high schools compete in a competition of
fast-paced toss-up questions and in-depth follow-up questions.
There are multiple rounds, culminating in a final round where the top two teams face each other to determine the quiz bowl champion.
UCS secondary students earn more than 170
statewide writing and design honors
Students won awards for their writing, design and photography for the publications at the April 21 conference.
Utica High School’s Arrow newspaper earned 33 awards, while Utica High’s Warrior yearbook earned 39, as well as a Spartan award, the highest honor given to a student publication.
Eisenhower High School’s Eagle’s Eye newspaper earned 11 awards, while Eisenhower’s Esprit de Corps yearbook earned 28, as well as a Spartan award, the highest honor given to a student publication. Henry Ford II High School’s Generator yearbook earned 16 awards, Stevenson High School’s Vanguard newspaper earned 2 awards, and Stevenson’s Ambassador yearbook earned 14.
- Stevenson students lead the leaders at statewide conference
- Stephanie Eagen named MSBO School Business Official of the Year
- UCS schools honored for going green
- History comes to life at Oakbook
- World of motion keeps education on the move
- UCS robotics team ready to take on the world
- Graebner Elementary cares about its community
- All UCS 2016 AVID graduatesآearn college scholarships
- Stevenson High School presents Mary Poppins April 29 - May 1
- Three UCS high schools top listآof state's most academically challenging
Workshops Available Through the MISD
A variety of technology and curriculum workshops are available at the MISD. Visit the MISD website to see what's being offered.