Welcome to the Utica Learning Interchange
UCS students learn how innovation
drives the region
It all starts with innovation.
That was the message Utica Community School high school students heard when they attended the “Driving Innovation and Engagement: The Role of the URC in the Motor City” luncheon at the Detroit Economic Club.
The Outreach Program, sponsored by Michigan DEC members, allows students from local area schools the chance to experience a Detroit Economic Club meeting and have the opportunity to meet a respected speaker, and gain networking experience in a professional business luncheon setting.
The 16 students heard from Dr. Mark Schlissel, President of the University of Michigan, Dr. Lou Anna K. Simon, President of Michigan State University and Dr. M. Roy Wilson, President of Wayne State University speak about the University Research Corridor which has helped the resurgence of Detroit with economic, academic and health initiatives.
- Eppler students pay homage to their hometown
- Six UCS students earn college-based National Merit scholarships
- Learning grows at West Utica Elementary
- UHS students go the distance for others
- Eisenhower jazz band to play at premier Detroit festival
- Utica Community Schools adopts balanced $278M budget for 2016-2017
- UCS elementary teacher means business
- Stevenson Class of 2016 pledges to Remember the Titans
- Ford Falcons in the Class of 2016 are ready to soar
- Ike students buckle up for their future
- UHS graduates take time to cherish the memories
- Adult Ed, Alternative Learning Center graduates celebrate "discipline, commitment and courage"
- "Work hard and never give up." An interview with a UCS Adult Education graduate
- UAIS graduates encouraged to keep growing
Workshops Available Through the MISD
A variety of technology and curriculum workshops are available at the MISD. Visit the MISD website to see what's being offered.